10 July 2017 | 12:00 am
We are looking for an experienced Emergency Nurse to join our team of dedicated professionals as we have recently expanded into the brand new Centennial Patient Care Tower in beautiful Kelowna, BC.
Interior Health has embarked on an expansion plan to meet increasing demands, expand health services, and enhance patient care in the Okanagan. Construction of the new six-storey, Centennial Patient Care Tower was completed in May 2012. It includes a new and expanded emergency department and ambulatory care department, five new operating rooms, a rooftop helipad, an expanded adult inpatient psychiatric unit, and extra space for more patient beds in the future. Kelowna General Hospital is the site of the brand new clinical academic campus for the University of BC Medical School.
Our new ER department is quadruple the size of our current department and features:
- Zone 1 (acute): 15 beds and 3 trauma rooms
- CDU (clinical decision unit) beside zone 1 and will have 8 beds for patients not admitted but needing more time in the department
- Zone 2 (Urgent care/Streaming) has a large waiting room where patients will be triaged and an additional 7 rooms to treat patients
- Zone 3 (Minor treatment) will be for suturing, casting, splinting, etc. and will be staffed by ER Physician and LPN/Ortho tech. 10 spaces to treat patients (space includes an ortho and gyne room)
- Heli-pad is manned by BC Ambulance Service
- Negative pressure rooms, no positive pressure
- 4 ambulance bays
- 3 seclusion rooms
- 3 bariatric rooms and 3 isolation rooms
Our benefits package includes:
- 4 weeks vacation
- Insurance premiums 100% paid by Interior Health
- Medical Services Plan
- Extended Health Coverage
- Dental Health Coverage
- Pension Plan
If you are motivated to be challenged professionally, this is the move for you. We offer excellent benefits and opportunities to maximize your skills. Interior Health is an organization where you have room to grow and where life outside of work is just as important to us as it is to you. Apply Today!
If you are open, adaptable, and a team player we would love to speak with you.
- We require graduation from an approved School of Nursing with current practicing registration with the College of Registered Nurses of British Columbia (CRNBC) coupled with advanced preparation in an Emergency Clinical Specialty, or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
- Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) within 3 years.
- ACLS, TNCC, ENPC, and/or CTAS training along with experience and knowledge in physiological monitoring is an asset.
If you have any questions, please contact us at:
5th Floor, 505 Doyle Avenue
Kelowna, BC V1Y 0C5
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: http://www.calgaryjobboard.ca/index.php?post_id=92391 →