13 April 2017 | 12:00 am
Are you a dynamic professional who is excited to create something new and has what it takes to lead change and innovation in warehouse management? Do you have logistics experience and a flare for business development? Can you excel in an environment where teamwork, common sense, and the ability to make work fun are part of the culture? Are you independent, self-motivated and driven to grow a business by implementing new ideas and services? If so, please read on!
Peak of the Market is a grower-owned “not for profit” vegetable supplier with facilities in Calgary and Manitoba. Peak of the Market has grown quality produce for 75 years and supplies over 120 different varieties of fresh and delicious vegetables. Peak of the Market is seeking a Distribution Centre Manager to manage all operational and service duties within the distribution centre in Calgary. This role demands a creative, entrepreneurial leader who can think outside the box to optimize current operations and implement new continuous improvement initiatives that will strategically improve operations and build the business by offering new services.
- Develop and execute growth strategies focused on existing services and new creative services for financial gain and customer satisfaction
- Develop and implement warehouse processes and procedures to ensure efficient operation of the distribution centre
- Oversee all operational services within the Distribution Centre
- Coordinate local transportation in keeping with budgeted costs
- Recruit, train and develop distribution centre staff
- Monitor shipping/receiving schedule to ensure efficient flow of produce
- Accountable that all orders are filled and goods delivered on time to distributors & corporate partners
- Work closely with Inventory Control and Purchasing teams in Winnipeg to improve inventory accuracy
- Stay on top of opportunities and collaborate with senior management in Winnipeg to offer new products and services
Experience & Qualifications
- Post-Secondary Education in Business, Logistics, Marketing, or a related field
- Minimum of 5 years Distribution and Management experience
- Must possess excellent leadership skills and change management skills in motivational and team building capabilities
- Strong business acumen and the ability to work with all levels within the organization and cross functionally
- Strong organizational and planning skills with the ability to prioritize and multi-task
- Strong problem solving skills and sound decision making abilities
- Excellent time management skills to meet the needs of the internal and external customers
- Strong technical analytical skills in Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) systems and Microsoft Excel
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
If you would like more information about this position or Peak of the Market, please visit http://bit.ly/PM-DCM or contact Lisa Cefali, Partner, Executive Search & Strategic Development at (204) 9348833.
If you believe you can make a strong contribution to this organization as Distribution Centre Manager please submit your resume in confidence to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting #173156.
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: http://www.calgaryjobboard.ca/index.php?post_id=90955 →