14 March 2017 | 12:00 am
Our client, I-XL Building Products (www.ixlbuild.com), has an exciting opportunity for an experienced Customer Service Representative/Yard Support to join their Calgary team.
I-XL is a fourth generation family owned company and they are Western Canadaâ€™s leading supplier of brick, manufactured stone and natural stone.Â They have been helping owners, builders, designers and architects create beauty and long lasting value with brick and stone products since 1912.
Reporting to the Branch Operations Manager, the ideal candidate will have a background in construction and/or design, in addition to several years of experience in customer service and sales. You are creative, outgoing, and professional with the ability to work in a fast-paced environment. You demonstrate a high level of customer service, providing clients with product knowledge and assist with design needs, as well as helping the team in the front/back end of the business.
- Gree t builders and customers as they enter the showroom and/or sales desk.
- Work with the customers to determine the best choice(s) for their particular circumstances and give price estimates.
- Process and maintain sales orders, invoicing, and returns according to policy. File accompanying paperwork on a daily basis.
- Develop a close relationship with designers, home builders and other business partners.
- Regularly monitor sales orders to ensure that they will be ready on time.
- Receive incoming inventory orders. Check for completeness and process paperwork.
- Prepare and run daily Counter Sales Reports.
- Take and process credit card information, account payments, and deposits.
- Handle incoming orders via fax or e-mail.
- At times, backup Yard/Forklift Operator.
- Other branch related duties as required.
SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS:
- Two years sales and customer service experience preferably within construction or similar environment.
- A diploma/certificate in Business Administration would be an asset.
- Previous experience working in retail and/or dealing with the public.
- Ability to work independently with limited supervision.
- Strong time management skills, specifically the ability to multi-task and prioritize.
- Proficiency in MS Office.
- Ability to regularly lift up to 80 lbs.
- A high level of energy and enthusiasm to create some excitement and progress in a challenging and dynamic marketplace.
- Forklift Certification or the willingness to obtain one.
- Valid Driverâ€™s License.
Hours: Monâ€“FriÂ 7:00Â amâ€“4:00Â pm and a Â½ day rotating shift on Saturdays.
HRfx Consulting provides outsourced human resource solutions to small and medium sized business and is assisting our client in the collection and screening of resumes.Â Please do not contactÂ I-XL directly. We thank you for your interest in this position, however, only qualified candidates will be contacted for an interview.
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: http://www.calgaryjobboard.ca/index.php?post_id=90578 →