24 April 2017 | 12:00 am
We hear organizations proclaim ‘we are committed to innovation’ so often that the words have lost their power to move us. Innovation used to be the province of mavericks, outsiders, and contrarians. But now, the word has crept into practically every mission statement you read. Yes, organizations may have fallen in love with the idea of innovation, but mostly the love is from afar. Very few come up with the visionary people, the go-to-market commitment, and the corporate desire to make innovation work. So, how is Mayfair different? Why should you believe that you’ll have more freedom to innovate here?
Mayfair is a Canadian medical imaging company that serves more than 750,000 patients per year in Alberta alone. Our vision is “a world in which every person has clarity about their health”, and we do this by doing things that other radiology companies wouldn’t do. Reporting to the Executive Chair, you will imagine the products, processes, and partnerships that will keep this promise to patients, referrers, and employees, whenever and wherever they connect with us – online, over the phone or in person through 13 clinics and 15 remote sites. You’ll add credibility to the wildly improbable claim that medical imaging can be reimagined. Through inventiveness and achievement, you will support more than 400 Mayfair team members and 50 radiologists as they confirm every day that Mayfair improves people’s lives.
A big picture thinker, you likely have a blend of technological acumen, healthcare knowledge and commercial credentials in a large and complex consumer business. You will have heard of the X Prize, be familiar with the Singularity Universtiy, and be an active follower of global trends and futurists (think Springwise, David Brin or Brian Solis). With Mayfair, you will have the support of our Executive, you’ll have the benefit of a team of creatively kindred people around you and the joy of working in a corporate culture that values big ideas. Our home base is in Calgary, a city filled with more entrepreneurs that any other Canadian centre, and at the foot of the spectacular Rocky Mountains.
Take some risks. Delight customers and colleagues and embrace “what if” as a part of your individual career path. Show us why you’re right for this role and apply!
The Creative Lead, Mayfair Digital will be responsible for developing and defining the strategic direction of Mayfair Digital across the organization. You will utilize consumer insights, digital trends and vendor innovation to drive the digital transformation within Mayfair. You will be a subject matter expert to help drive innovation and industry best practices, you will create and manage partnerships within the health tech communities ensuring that new ideas and concepts can be consumed and integrated into the organization.
Who You Are
Your enthusiasm is infectious. You challenge the status quo. You find solutions to problems. You go the extra mile to exceed customers’ expectations. You get things done the right way. You represent our brand with passion and pride. You are a team player. You have fun and you make work fun for those working around you.
What You Will Achieve In This Role
- Serve as the critical resource and subject matter expert in the discovery, evaluation, and selection of innovative technologies that improve the patient, referrer or employee experience
- Contribute to development of technology, innovation, and digital strategy
- Organize and showcase Mayfair Digital capabilities and solution opportunities, including collaboration with clinical teams to understand updated product strategy, and solution needs
- Education of clinical and administrative teams on new applicable technology and business models that leverage digital innovation
- Be a trusted advisor for senior leaders, partner groups and affinity relationships with respect to the digital environment for medical imaging
- Represent Mayfair at industry events through panel participation or speaking roles
- Establish and foster a mindset of nurturing ideas internally, as well as using Mayfair as an incubator of ideas across a broad range of medical imaging and health care applications
- Ability to tap into established network of digital leaders to maintain Mayfair’s focus on innovation
- In partnership with the senior leadership team, develop strategies and action plans to manage and improve customer advocacy
- Lead partnerships with internal client digital stakeholders to drive integration across, media creative, web, and mobile
- Direct the development of client presentations and other important communication, that is clear, compelling and persuasive
- Works well in a cross-functional environment
- Encourage open, ongoing internal communication
- Establish and maintain communications process with all client stakeholders – both internal and external
- Adapt communication style to relevant audience
- Move audience to the desired action through clear and persuasive delivery of information
What You Bring To This Role
- Bachelor’s degree required
- MBA would be an asset
- 5+ years of experience in a similar role, which includes digital experience and progressive client management
- Strong capabilities in project management and problem-solving, with a deep understanding of the heath tech sectors
- Extensive digital knowledge and experience, including current landscape, trends, innovations, strategic plan development
- Collaborative and able to successfully bring people from different disciplines, internally and externally, together to achieve desired outcomes
- Strong communication and leadership skills, to ensure teams are staying on track and navigating barriers
- Ability to generate big ideas with strong motivational skills that can apply to all employee levels
- Strong listening skills to understand clients visible and invisible needs, can recognize a situation needing a resolution and ability to grow account
- Must have superior relationship building skills
- High intellectual curiosity, drive, determination, self-confidence and persuasion skills
- Proven leadership ability – experience managing multiple groups of planners, supervisors, and directors
- Proven ability to think strategically, with a balanced analytical and creative approach, and the ability to teach others to think strategically
- Research savvy
- High-level proficiency in MS Word, PowerPoint, Excel, and Outlook
We invite you to learn more about us at radiology.ca. We thank all applicants. However, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Mayfair is committed to diversity and welcomes applications from visible minority group members, women, Aboriginal persons, and persons with disabilities, members of the LGBT community, and others who may contribute to the further diversification of ideas. Legal permission to work in Canada is required.
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: http://www.calgaryjobboard.ca/index.php?post_id=91064 →