4 May 2017 | 12:00 am
The Cook II is responsible for the preparation, storage and service of meals for residents, staff, visitors and catering. The Cook II performs duties such as preparing/portioning assigned food items, planning cooking and preparation schedule, coordinating workflow in assigned area, providing work direction to designated food service staff, ordering and receiving supplies, sanitization of production equipment and work areas, and related administrative functions.
Some Typical Duties & Responsibilities
- Prepares assigned food items by following established menus, recipes and quantity quotas, determining ingredients and quantities required and assembling ingredients and equipment required for cooking.
- Prepares and serves assigned menu items according to cycle menu and catering schedules by methods/procedures such as baking, roasting, frying, grilling, steaming, poaching, boiling and bulk rethermalization; tests food items for palatability and temperature and adjusts accordingly.
- Plans and organizes cooking schedule to produce food with optimal retention of nutritional values and quality appearance. Provides input to the Manager (or designate) in forecasting, inventory levels, and the planning and preparation of food production and weekly schedule.
- Coordinates work flow in assigned area and provides work direction to designated food service staff including related training and orientation.
- Estimates food requirements according to the established nutritional and therapeutic diet needs. Orders, receives, checks and puts away pre-ordered food supplies as required. Resolves discrepancies with suppliers.
This is a Casual opportunity. Casual means there are no guaranteed hours and work requirements can vary from 0 – 37.5 hours per week. Shift times are 06:30 to 12:45, 11:45 to 18:00. Days of work are rotating.
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: http://www.calgaryjobboard.ca/index.php?post_id=91293 →