13 July 2017 | 12:00 am
Are you a Community Health Worker who is interested in experiencing a spectacular rural setting? Then come to Creston, BC!
The quiet community of Creston is located south of Kootenay Lake in the heart of the Rockies Region in Southeast BC and is nestled between the Purcell and Selkirk Mountains. Creston boasts many local Artisans with skills such as blacksmithing, pottery, quilting, broom-making and painting and display their creations at annual events such as the Arts and Culture Festival and Art Walk. If you are seeking to relocate, Creston has a complete range of services and facilities, which provide for a comfortable and satisfying lifestyle. Known as “The Valley of the Swans,” the Creston Valley is a breathtaking combination of snow-capped mountain peaks, fields of grain, deep clear lakes and wide-open spaces. Although primarily an agricultural centre with a focus on fruit production, the community’s economy is also dependent upon forestry, manufacturing, mining and tourism.
As a Community Health Worker, you will work as part of a dynamic team of Nurses and LPNs who support Community Clients’ independence and ability to stay at home. Community Health Workers provide home support services to clients, by assisting with personal care and daily living, while promoting maximum independence. Community Health Workers are key players in the home health care plan for each client.
This position works 25 hours per week with 6 hour window from 16:00-22:00 Saturday to Wednesday (Thursdays and Fridays off).
Typical duties include:
- Activities of daily personal care, such as bathing, dressing, grooming and oral hygiene
- Household duties related to maintaining a safe and healthy environment in the home
- Meal preparation in accordance with designated plans
- Assistance with mobility and transfers
- Observing and reporting changes in client behaviour and condition
- Performing delegated tasks according with training and procedures
Interior Health strives to create an environment where you enjoy the work you do, the place where you work, and the people around you. Everyone plays a role in the care continuum. Apply today!
- Grade 12
- Graduation from a recognized Resident Care Aide/Home Support Worker Program, or an equivalent combination of education, training and relevant experience
- BC Care Aide and Community Health Worker registry (please include your number)
- Current valid BC Drivers’ License and use of a reliable vehicle
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: http://www.calgaryjobboard.ca/index.php?post_id=92474 →