13 March 2017 | 12:00 am
Position Available: 1
Full Time | 30hr/week | Monday-Friday |6 hours/day | 09:00am-15:00pm
New Age Services Inc. is a non-profit organization established in January 1991 with the aim to provide programs and resources for individuals with developmental disabilities in the Calgary Region. Our Services are highly individualized and tailored to the needs of each individual. We ensure client needs are met through a strong team approach where the client, guardian, frontline and management staff work together as partners.
We offer supportive team environment, development opportunities, competitive wages and benefits.
These are front-line community disability services positions that will be responsible to support and facilitate the development of skills and competencies of Individuals with disabilities to pursue and fulfil their goals, objectives and aspirations. Additionally, this position supports individuals with multifaceted and challenging behavioural and medical needs.
This position requires driving clients, personal care, sports participation and physical fitness.
- Build positive relationship with the individual.
- Provide medical, technological, environmental, emotional, physical and behavioural support to the individual.
- Participate in the research, development and implementation of programs to meet individual`s needs.
- Proactively identify and develop solutions for individual apprehensions/concerns.
- Ensure safeguard of individual`s rights/values and empower them to make their own decisions.
- Ensure individual`s health and safety remains intact.
- Document monthly reports and client correspondence.
- Minimum of a Canadian Diploma in the Human Services sector (includes nursing), plus three years relevant experience in the human services field.
- Ability to work independently and as a member of a team.
- High energy, positive attitude, and drive to succeed.
- Experience working with complex needs individuals.
*A male individual who is willing to swim will be preferred.
How to apply:
If you are interested in this position and have the desired qualification then please email us your resume to HR@newageservices.ca highlighting the position title in the subject line or by downloading your resume through our website.
We thank all the applicants for their interest. New Age Services will contact only those candidates who are shortlisted for an interview.
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: http://www.calgaryjobboard.ca/index.php?post_id=90522 →