21 February 2017 | 12:00 am
Community/Public health nurse
one (1) permanent full time position
The Bigstone Health Commission (BHC) is seeking one Community/Public Health Nurse (Registered Nurse) to join our Community Health Team. This is a rewarding Opportunity if you have an appreciation for First Nation Culture, a desire for continuing professional development and enjoy the support and collaboration from our multidisciplinary team and various other professionals and agencies.
You will possess excellent interpersonal communication and organizational skills, proficiency with computers, effective teaching skills, a valid driver’s license, and be medically fit. This position offers a competitive salary and incentives. Fully furnished accommodations are available.
- Promote wellness through an integrated team approach at the Bigstone Health Commission and with various health partners. The health team at BHC includes Community Health Representatives, Licensed practical nurses, Personal support workers, NNADAP workers, Diabetes Nurse Educator, Pharmacist, Early Intervention Program, and a health promoter.
- Provide public health, baby clinics, STI Counseling, prenatal/postnatal care and other public health programs
- Organize and jointly conduct breast screening and cervical cancer screening clinics with health partners
- Make client/family home visits and referrals to other agencies and professional when in need is identified
- Maintain accurate records, document and reports.
- Participate in Community Health Program planning
- B.N or BScN degree from recognized University
- MUST BE Licensed with the College and Association of Registered Nurses of Alberta
- Minimum of 1 year experience in Community Health Nursing
Salary will commensurate with experience and qualifications. Send Resume, Criminal Record Check along with 3 work related references to:
Bigstone Health Commission
Box 1020 Wabasca, Alberta T0G 2K0
Email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
O pen until suitable candidate is found
Applicants are thanked in advance for their interest however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: http://www.calgaryjobboard.ca/index.php?post_id=90168 →