18 May 2017 | 12:00 am
We are currently seeking a full-time qualified Project Manager to join our team.
Eligible candidates will be engaged and motivated individuals with a strong Understanding of construction processes, who are keen to learn and grow in a fast-paced environment.
As a Project Manager, you will be responsible for overseeing the planning, implementation, and tracking of a specific short-term project which has a beginning, an end and specified deliverables
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
Plan the project
- Define the scope of the project in collaboration with senior management
- Create a detailed work plan which identifies and sequences the activities needed to successfully complete the project
- Determine the resources (time, money, equipment, etc) required to complete the project
- Develop a schedule (MS project) for project completion that effectively allocates the resources to the activities
- Review the project schedule with senior management and all other staff that will be affected by the project activities; revise the schedule as required
- Determine the objectives and measures upon which the project will be evaluated at its completion
Staff the project
- In consultation with the appropriate manager, recruit, interview and select staff with appropriate skills for the project activities
- Manage project staff according to the established policies and practices of the organization
- Ensure that personnel files are properly maintained and kept confidential
- Ensure that all project personnel receive an appropriate orientation to the organization and the project
- Contract qualified consultants to work on the project as appropriate
Implement the project
- Execute the project according to the project plan
- Develop forms and records to document project activities
- Set up files to ensure that all project information is appropriately documented and secured
- Monitor the progress of the project and make adjustments as necessary to ensure the successful completion of the project
- Establish a communication schedule to update stakeholders including appropriate staff in the organization on the progress of the project
- Review the quality of the work completed with the project team on a regular basis to ensure that it meets the project standards
Control the project
- Write reports on the project for management and for stakeholders
- Communicate with stakeholders as outlined in funding agreements
- Monitor and approve all budgeted project expenditures
- Monitor cash flow projections and report actual cash flow and variance to senior management on a monthly basis
- Manage all project funds according to established accounting policies and procedures
- Ensure that all financial records for the project are up to date
- Prepare financial reports and supporting documentation for funders as outlined in funding agreements
Evaluate the project
- Ensure that the project deliverables are on time, within budget and at the required level of quality
- Evaluate the outcomes of the project as established during the planning phase
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities Required
- Ability to read and interpret building specifications and blueprints.
- Mathematical skills and analytical skills necessary to interpret job cost reports.
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, etc.).
- Strong understanding of construction processes and terminology.
- Able to demonstrate organizational, time-management and decision-making skills.
- Proficiency in company computer system and department software is necessary.
- Ability to assume responsibility and to interface and communicate effectively with others, have strong interpersonal skills and be self-motivated.
- Prefers to work to meet challenges and considers them to be positive.
- Ability to manage a fluctuating workload and set priorities to meet deadlines.
- Ability to work individually and as a team member.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Attention to health/safety of self and co-workers.
The above statements describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this classification. This is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and duties required of personnel so classified
Construction/Engineering degree or equivalent combinations of technical training and/or related experience
3 -5 or more years’ experience in similar commercial construction roles and related functions. Previous experience working as a Project Manager for a general contractor an asset.
Please provide a listing of jobs including dollar value you have managed along with your resume and cover letter when applying.
If interested in this position, please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or fax your resume to 403-568-1932. When faxing resumes be sure to indicate which position you are applying for.
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: http://www.calgaryjobboard.ca/index.php?post_id=91571 →