20 June 2017 | 12:00 am
Primary Engineering and Construction Corporation (Primary) is a growth-oriented industry leader providing professional electrical engineering and construction services and specializing in emerging marketplaces in Alberta, British Columbia and Saskatchewan.
We offer design and design/build services for all types of electric utility distribution infrastructure to a wide variety of clients including electric utility companies, developers, builders, commercial and industrial businesses, oil companies, government, and private contractors. We pride ourselves on the backbone of our organization as a team of dedicated veterans with a combined 175+ years of experience in utility distribution design, maintenance, and construction. Our devotion to excellence has attracted some of the best young professional minds to our company.
We have an immediate opening for an Civil Foreman, a leader in the field who is responsible for keeping jobsites safe and making sure our work is top quality. You will manage construction projects and staff to ensure quality, safety and timeliness within budget.
- Reinforce company policies, ensure safe and productive completion of the work.
- Plan site projects and resource requirements with Supervisor, including coordination of sub-contractors as required.
- Coordinate on-site material requirements and effectively manage site materials.
- Demonstrate technical ability and application of appropriate processes and procedures.
- Conduct safety meetings and assist with incident reporting and investigations as required.
- Provide leadership and coaching to field direct reports.
- Maintain detailed project field documentation, reports and job closing documents.
- Provide input into performance reviews of direct reports.
- Complete full cycle field documentation of project and submit as-builts for job closing/billing.
- Read and interpret electrical drawings and prints.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Understanding of applicable codes and regulations.
- Planning skills of project completion, resource requirements and project documentation.
- Strong knowledge of civil construction, blueprint reading and understanding of specification requirements.
- Ability to lead and work within a team environment.
- Promotion of safe work practices.
- Strong communication skills both verbal and written.
Education and Experience:
- Minimum 3 years Foreman experience in underground construction or similar work.
- Knowledge in reading and interpreting electrical drawings.
- Highly organized and proven ability to lead team.
- Valid Driver’s License and Driver’s abstract in good standing.
This is a safety sensitive position and is subject to Primary’s Alcohol and Drug Policy which includes pre-employment testing.
Primary offers a highly competitive compensation package including, competitive salaries, Health & Dental benefits, Company Matching RRSP, and a number of career and professional development opportunities
If you are ready for a new challenge and want to make a difference in the industry, please send your resume in confidence to firstname.lastname@example.org.
**Please Note, you must be a Canadian Citizen or have a valid work permit**
We thank all candidates for their application however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
*Please see www.primaryeng.com for this and other positions we are recruiting.
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: http://www.calgaryjobboard.ca/index.php?post_id=92082 →