17 May 2017 | 12:00 am
Business Analyst 2
The Business Analyst is responsible for leading analytical initiatives including benchmarking, industry intelligence and trends analysis for the purpose of aiding in the development of business solutions and site and market specific, strategies. Responsibilities of the role include creating ad-hoc reports, reporting troubleshooting and analyzing the financial performance of the Retail department on a weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual basis. The incumbent is responsible for identifying exploitable business opportunities by completing comparative analytics and recommending opportunities for business growth based on those analytics.
Process ownership and improvement are also core responsibilities in the areas of capital deployment, site maintenance spend, new site acquisition, and new retailer on-boarding, budgeting, forecasting and reporting.
The Business Analyst may assist senior personnel in preparing documents, graphs and status reports. This role will be a key participant in all phases of research for the purposes of formulating strategy, discovering opportunities and defining requirements to advance the business. In addition, the role requires competencies in change management and continuous improvement to always seek out new, and challenge existing ways, of discovering profit opportunities.
• Provide quarterly forecasting and weekly/monthly analysis of retail business (identifying key areas of concern and resolutions, as well as recommending actions as appropriate)
• Prepare documents, benchmark reports, status reports, and budget reports
• Review existing business processes, and modify as required, to improve efficiencies and profits
• Assist senior personnel in preparing documents, graphs, status reports, and presentations to support business decisions and strategies
• Monitor and report on market trends and their effect on business strategies
• Support Retail group on ad-hoc reporting and other initiatives
MUST HAVE QUALIFICATIONS:
• 5 years in an analytical role such as Project Controls or Financial Analysis
• Familiarity with – and ability to analyze – financial statements
• Ability to analyze data and transform that that data into summarized forecasts and intelligence for decision-making
• Advanced skills in MS Excel including Pivot Tables and Dashboard creation
NICE to HAVE QUALIFICATIONS:
• Previous experience in the retail sector
• Understanding of different streams of oil and gas and their interconnected roles
• Proficiency in SAP (BI Reporting Module)
• Bachelor’s Degree or Diploma in Commerce, Economics, or related field
• Certified Business Analysis Professional’
• Experience using Spotfire
If you feel this job would be a good fit for you please forward your resume and references to Jetstream Personnel Consulting via email, firstname.lastname@example.org or fax; 780-875-0998
We thank all interested candidates; however only those qualified will be contacted.
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: http://www.calgaryjobboard.ca/index.php?post_id=91551 →