23 June 2017 | 12:00 am
The Business Analyst is responsible for leading analytical initiatives including benchmarks, industry intelligence and trends analysis for the purpose of aiding in the development of business solutions and site and market specific strategies. Responsibilities of the role include creating ad-hoc reports, reporting troubleshooting and analyzing the financial performance of the retail department on a weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual basis. The incumbent is responsible for identifying exploitable business opportunities by completing comparative analytics and recommending opportunities for business growth based on those analytics.
Process ownership and improvement are also core responsibilities in the areas of capital deployment, site maintenance spend, new site acquisition, and new retailer on-boarding, budgeting, forecasting and reporting.
The Business Analyst may assist senior personnel in preparing documents, graphs and status reports. This role will be a key participant in all phases of research for the purposes of formulating strategy, discovering opportunities and defining requirements to advance the business. In addition, the role requires competencies in change management and continuous improvement to always seek out new, and challenge existing ways, of discovering profit opportunities.
- Provide quarterly forecasting and weekly/monthly analysis of retail business (identifying key areas of concern and resolutions, as well as recommending actions when appropriate)
- Prepare documents, benchmark reports, status reports, and budget reports
- Review existing business processes and modify them as required to improve efficiencies and profits
- Assist senior personnel in preparing documents, graphs, status reports, and presentations to support business decisions and strategies
- Monitor and report on market trends and their effect on business strategies
- Support retail group on ad-hoc reporting and other initiatives
- Five years in an analytical role such as Project Controls or Financial Analysis (previous experience in the retail sector considered an asset)
- Bachelor’s degree or diploma in Commerce, Economics, or related field
- Familiarity with financial statements and the ability to analyze them
- Ability to analyze and transform data into summarized forecasts and intelligence for decision-making
- Advanced skills in MS Excel including pivot tables and dashboard creation
- Understanding of different streams of oil and gas and their interconnected roles
- Proficiency in SAP (BI Reporting Module)
- Certified Business Analysis Professional
- Experience using Spotfire
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: http://www.calgaryjobboard.ca/index.php?post_id=92151 →