6 July 2017 | 12:00 am
The Perfect Guest Experience is more than a warm smile and welcoming atmosphere. Our people are what bring a dining experience to life for our Guests. The creation of our menu items, a welcoming greeting, and service that makes a genuine connection is what has a Milestones’ Guest looking forward to their next visit. This is your opportunity to be a part of it.
Role: Assistant Manager
Location: 107 8th Ave S.E., Calgary AB.
What we offer our Leadership teams:
• An Associate team made up of unique individuals with Hospitality in their DNA. A culture of support, development, coaching for success, growth and family.
• A salaried Management team that inspires, guides, advises challenges and has the drive to succeed.
• A team environment that builds trust and friendships. Milestones relies on “all for one, one for all” approach to make every Guest experience a perfect one.
• The opportunity to grow with us. We believe in promoting from within and you will always have the support and guidance to make your career goals a reality. Hosts have become Managers, and Line Cooks have become Chefs!
• Leadership Development Program and Leadership Team Building off sites.
• Annual Associate events like Devo Day, Bellini Bowl (our own Super Bowl extravaganza), annual slo-pitch tournament, our C.H.E.F. Competition and Beverage Competitions along with other seasonal incentive challenges.
• A culture of celebrating small wins and big deals.
What you can look forward to offering our Guests:
• Signature occasions like Girls Night Out and Wednesday Date Night invite Guests to enjoy us week long.
• An inspired menu that offers new twists on comfortable favorites and exotic dishes influenced by world flavors.
• Inviting service that creates a tailored experience elevating the average business lunch, brunch with family, dinner with close friends, or cocktails with co-workers.
• Competitive salary, benefits, and quarterly bonus programs.
Overview of the role:
As a Milestones Assistant Manager you support the General Manager in the overall Front of House business.
You will partner with the Chef our Sr. Sous to ensure Front of House operations are aligned with the culinary program in your location during business hours. You will maintain a clean, physical plant, inspire and maintain high team morale and a standard of 100% Guest satisfaction. You are the driver behind the total Perfect Guest Experience.
You are responsible for working with your General Manager and fellow Assistant Managers to build your team through hiring for hospitality, and coaching for success in support of people goals set out by your GM. Partnered with your location’s Leadership team, you are fully accountable for all systems, people and standards within the restaurant.
You also consider yourself a “Foodie” – although you won’t often be creating the food, it is expected you will know as much about the menu as our line cooks and service Associates. You place passion and pride behind bringing inspired food and drink to thousands of Guests a week, and ensuring your team brings it to life in your restaurant.
Supporting your General Manager and developing your team is a direct link to your development and growth to become a GM with us!
• Managing the day-to-day operations including floor and flow of business, role modeling and upholding standards, dress code, operating systems and standards in the Front of House as set out by the General Manager (GM).
• Ambassador of the Perfect Guest Experience. Driving knowledge around our food and beverage program, as well as hospitality and salesmanship.
• Lead a team of over 20 Associates, providing on-going training, development and coaching.
• Driving sales and local restaurant marketing initiatives to build business.
• Accountable for key financials and KPI’s, as well as maintaining and growing sales and profitability.
• Guest and staff relations, including some disciplinary action and effective Guest recovery.
• Day-to-day physical plant maintenance.
• Responsible for timely progress through the Restaurant leadership Certification Program, and continued learning and development over time as required.
• High School diploma, Post-secondary degree/diploma (or equivalent)
• Must possess the “Hospitality Gene” (Ability to Create Connections, have a Passion for People and Service Excellence)
• Driven and focused
If you are interested in this exciting opportunity please send your resume to Milestones5224@cara.com With the subject ‘Attention: Robin Hushagen/ Jill Meier’
We thank all applicants for their interest in joining the Cara team; however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: http://www.calgaryjobboard.ca/index.php?post_id=92342 →