6 March 2017 | 12:00 am
FYidoctors is looking to hire a permanent full time ACCOUNTS PAYABLE SUPERVISOR at our Home Office located in Calgary, AB. As the Accounts Payable Supervisor, you will report to the Finance Manager and are responsible for providing support and leadership to the accounts payable team, and for the oversight of the centralized accounts payable function at home office. This is an extraordinary opportunity for an analytical and self-motivated professional, who will use their strong leadership skills to effectively solve problems and support the organization in creating a top tier finance team.
How You’ll Benefit:
- Comprehensive rewards package
- Competitive salary and benefits
- Rapid and continued growth, ensuring a constantly challenging and rewarding environment
- A workplace culture where collaboration is fostered
- Ongoing training and development opportunities
- Lead, supervise and mentor a team of six accounts payable analysts to deliver an excellent internal and external customer service experience for our clinic locations.
- Maintain the systems for invoice and payment processing to ensure proper internal controls are adhered to, and allow for efficient processing and high level of accuracy.
- Partner with software providers to ensure AP systems are used in the most effective and efficient way.
- In-depth review of all payment runs to ensure timeliness and accuracy of payments, and compliance with finance policy and regulations.
- Continually analyze current processes and recommend/implement improvements ensuring a results driven focus.
- Participate in month end close process to ensure invoices are reflected in the correct accounting period and proper accruals are made.
- Establish and maintain documentation pertaining to accounting procedures/processes as applicable to area of responsibility.
- Assist in the procurement, negotiation and review of national contracts with preferred vendors.
- Assist in the completion of special projects and/or adhoc projects throughout the business, as required.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- The candidate is professional, technically proficient, independent thinker and likes to have fun!
- Previous experience supervising an accounts payable or accounting team in a high volume environment, for a multi-location organization.
- Proven leadership skills in change management and implementing process improvements.
- Attention to detail, organized and thorough, with a desire for continuous improvement.
- A hard worker who has the ability to handle pressure and meet tight deadlines in an environment with a high volume of activity.
- Possess strong communication skills (both written and verbal) to provide guidance and/or instruction to the team, adapts their information/style to the audience, and explains difficult issues clearly to the appropriate audience.
- S/he must have integrity beyond reproach.
- Advanced knowledge and proficiency of Microsoft Office products, especially MS Excel.
- Experience using an ERP system, especially ACCPAC is considered an asset.
The Successful Candidate:
- A Bachelor’s degree or diploma in Finance or Accounting is required.
- Minimum of 4-5 years of accounts payable experience is required.
- Experience in a leadership or supervisory position is preferred.
- Experience in a manufacturing, health care or service industry is considered an asset.
- Experience in systems implementation, project management, or fluency in French is considered an asset.
The person applying for this role should have a desire to work in a hands-on, fast paced, entrepreneurial environment with like-minded individuals. Our rapid and continued growth ensures that our employees are constantly challenged and rewarded.
FYidoctors is a young and exciting entrepreneurial company that started as a small group of 30 optometrists. In just eight years, we have grown to over 450 optometrists and opened 260 locations across the country. Today, as Canada’s fastest growing eye care provider, our team of respected leaders from provincial and national optometric associations bring experience, dedication, and a commitment to the values that have long been associated with optometry. From our lab to our practices to our home office, we are committed to enhancing the lives of our patients and maintaining a positive, supportive environment where all of our people can thrive and grow professionally and personally. Together, we proudly stand for the strength of the optometric profession and the preservation of patient care.
How to Apply:
If this opportunity appeals to you, please send us your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org and quote “AP Supervisor – Calgary” in the subject line.
We thank all candidates for their interest; however, only candidates selected for interview will be contacted. We politely request no telephone calls please.
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: http://www.calgaryjobboard.ca/index.php?post_id=90385 →