28 June 2017 | 12:00 am
FYidoctors (www.fyidoctors.com), Canada’s fastest growing eye care provider is a young and exciting entrepreneurial company. What started as a small group of 30 optometrists has grown to over 450 optometrists and 280 locations in only eight years! Our model is unique. We believe in progressive lens technology and manufacturing (at our own manufacturing facility right here in Canada), investing in the most current diagnostic equipment, and a consultative culture led by some of Canada’s most respected and reputable optometrists. We believe our success comes from our passionate people, and we require energetic and enthusiastic leaders to join this dynamic team.
If this sounds like a company that you would like to work for, now is your opportunity. We are currently recruiting for a permanent full time ACCOUNTS PAYABLE ANALYST at our Home Office located in Calgary, AB.
As the Accounts Payable Analyst, you will report directly to the Accounts Payable Supervisor and are responsible for performing a variety of functions such as entering invoices into our invoicing system, involved in the month end process and supporting the weekly cheque and EFT payment runs.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Upload and approving invoices to Open Invoice, our Invoice Processing System.
- Respond to vendor inquiries, solve problems and maintain good internal and external relationships.
- Prepare vendor statement reconciliations.
- Perform related clerical duties, such as maintaining filing systems, faxing and photocopying.
- Able and willing to assist and back-up other areas and members of the Accounts Payable team.
- Adhere to company policies, vendor contracts, Generally Accepted Accounting Principles and reporting requirements
- Prepare monthly accruals and other various month-end closing tasks.
- Assist with any other duties/ ad hoc projects as required.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Experience in a high volume accounting environment with an understanding of basic accounting concepts.
- Strong organizational qualities, capable of multi-tasking with strong attention to detail.
- The ability to handle a high volume of transactions within tight deadlines in an environment with a high volume of activity.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Word, and Outlook), Open Invoice, and SAGE ACCPAC accounting software would be considered an asset.
- Ability to work effectively independently and in a team-based environment.
- Must have integrity beyond approach.
- Thrives in a fast paced environment with strong work ethic and commitment.
- Strong verbal and written English communication skills.
- Positive attitude and a desire for continuous improvement for self and the organization.
- Applicants must possess a High School Diploma.
- Post-secondary Finance related diploma/certificate would be considered an asset.
- 3+ years of experience working in an accounts payable function with ERP system experience is required.
- Experience in the health care or retail industry would be considered an asset.
If this opportunity appeals to you, please send us your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org and quote “Accounts Payable Analyst – Calgary” in the subject line.
We thank all candidates for their interest; however, only candidates selected for interview will be contacted. We politely request no telephone calls please.
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: http://www.calgaryjobboard.ca/index.php?post_id=92224 →