26 June 2017 | 12:00 am
XEMEX Contracting Inc. is a COR certified commercial contractor located in Calgary, Alberta. We specialize in commercial exterior and interior renovations and pride ourselves on putting our clients first and developing long lasting relationships. We have a growing group of established clients and are continuing to expand by adding new products and services, including our AL13 cladding/building envelope division.
Reporting to the President, you will have a background that includes a CPA designation as well as related business experience (3-5 years) and a strong knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles. A demonstrated proficiency with Microsoft Office products (i.e. Excel, Word, etc.) is essential for this role, as is a strong familiarity with small business accounting software (preferably Quickbooks). Preference will be given to those with a background in the construction industry, as well as those with experience in dealing with and managing external relationships from an accounting/finance perspective (i.e. external accountants, banking, legal, etc.); however, attitude, energy and overall fit with the team is the critical factor to success in this role.
Summary of Principal Accountabilities:
- Process ADP payroll in a timely manner, ensuring accuracy and proper accounting
- Overall management and tracking/forecasting of cash flow at both a short and long-term level and communication of such to President and external parties
- Payment of supplier invoices in a manner that is both timely and appropriate given cash flow considerations
- Issuance of invoices to customers
- Conduct periodic reconciliations of certain accounts to ensure their accuracy
- Quarterly reporting to parties external to the company (banking, surety, insurance, etc.)
- Providing of information to the external accountant with regards to preparation of company’s financial statements and tax returns and assuming responsibility for the management of this relationship
- Stewardship of orderly accounting system and filings
- Other duties as assigned by the President of the Company
Please forward you resume in confidence firstname.lastname@example.org. Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: http://www.calgaryjobboard.ca/index.php?post_id=92182 →